Thursday, April 22, 2010

Last day of school.

It was our last day of classes today, thank God.  Some exams and juries over the next few days but then the semester is finally over.

Our department is having its traditional end-of-the-year party this weekend and I've decided not to go.  It's kind of lame, anyway, but our students tend to bring their wives and kids (remember, I live in Utah, where they marry and procreate very young as a general rule), and I know that the student whose daughter was born the same day as Olivia will bring his family, and I just can't handle that yet.  It would be sad for us, it would be uncomfortable for them, and I'm not dying to go, anyway.  C'est la vie.

DH had to turn in some sort of activity report - gotta love the weird academia requirements - and started looking back through his online calendar for dates of things.  And then saw all of the doctor's appointments, her due date, everything.  Really brought him down.  I can't even imagine, thinking back over the past year - it was almost a year ago exactly this weekend that we found out we were pregnant.  It also will be five months on Saturday.  It will be a quiet day, I think.  Luckily we have nothing going on.  I'm planning on spending some time in the nursery, just sitting, and remembering her.  It's going to suck.

On another crappy note, my iron levels are still crappy.  Which blows.  Back to the daily iron pills and hoping that my body will figure it out in a month before my next round of blood work.  Our OB/GYN didn't say we had to wait until my iron levels were okay before we started TTC, but it would make me feel better.  I just feel like I can't take any chances.  It's weird, I've actually been feeling better the last month since I got the iron infusion, so I was hoping it was going to be okay.  Alas.

I do feel like things are getting easier, though, at last mentally.  We still need to go see a therapist.  We're so bad.  I really feel like we're handling things pretty well, but we know we need to get on that.  Hopefully sometime this month we can get on that to get some different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment