Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This blog is about surviving, right?

And we are.

There has been much crying, and talking, and discussing, and compromising.  And this is good.  I love my husband so much, and I know this isn't him, isn't us, and this relationship is so much bigger than what I know will be a blip on the radar in the long run.  Olivia, of course, will probably remain one of the biggest spikes ever.  As she should.

Stumbled upon Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope today.  I shared it with J., and there was much crying.  But this is a part of the healing.  Maybe at some point we'll submit our story - he's a much better writer than me.

We're coming up on 8 months this weekend.  We're still dealing with firsts, though - first summer since I was pregnant, remembering planning for the school year while being pregnant with Olive, hoping that she'd cooperate and decide to come out after finals in December.  Oh, my sweet Olivia.

Anyhoo.  We've hit a rough patch but I know we're stronger than it.

1 comment:

  1. I can say that Valentina's death is both the one thing that has brought my husband and I closer together AND is the one thing that could tear us apart. It sounds contradictory but I think its true. The statistics are SO bad for people who lose children. But we CAN make it- all of us.

    I love Olivia's name. Valentina came very close to being an Olivia. : ) <3

    ReplyDelete